Medical record documentation is used to verify that services were billed correctly and to ensure that payment and processing of Medicare claim(s) are accurate and based on sound policy. Find information, tips, and resources regarding medical documentation.
View educational information from First Coast and CMS on ophthalmology services.
First Coast University course catalog
-- includes full course descriptions, duration, and number of CEUs. Note: If you do not have a training account, please click here to learn how to create one.
Search for ophthalmology-related LCDs using these available resources:
• Chapter 15, Section 30.4 Optometrist's Services, Section 120 Prosthetic Devices
• Chapter 16, Section 10 General Exclusions from Coverage, Section 90 Routine Services and Appliances
• Chapter 1, Part 1, Section 10.1 Use of Visual Tests Prior to and General Anesthesia During Cataract Surgery; Section 80.8 Endothelial Cell Photography; Section 80.10 Phaco-Emulsification Procedure - Cataract Extraction; Section 80.12 Intraocular Lenses (IOLs)
• Chapter 14, Section 40.3 Payment for Intraocular Lens (IOL)
• Chapter 32, Section 120 Presbyopia-Correcting (P-C IOLS) and Astigmatism-Correcting Intraocular Lenses (A-C IOLs) (General Policy Information)
• Chapter 13, Section 13.5.4 Reasonable and Necessary Provision in an LCD
Subscribe -- Stay updated on the latest Medicare information with free email subscriptions from First Coast and CMS.
View archives – Access previously published emails you may have missed.
First Coast Service Options (First Coast) strives to ensure that the information available on our provider website is accurate, detailed, and current. Therefore, this is a dynamic site and its content changes daily. It is best to access the site to ensure you have the most current information rather than printing articles or forms that may become obsolete without notice.