Last Modified: 2/7/2018 Location: FL, PR, USVI Business: Part A, Part B
Welcome to First Coast’s provider website New Visitor Center
This page is dedicated to helping new visitors find their way around the provider website. We encourage you to look at each section, as it will help familiarize you with the website so you can find the information you need as quickly as possible.
Step one: Familiarize
As a new user, it is helpful to understand the layout of the website. View these help documents on navigation and search, and discover how to utilize the site map to your advantage.
1. Navigation help-- Begin to familiarize yourself with the layout of the provider website using this detailed help document.
2. Search help -- Understand how to successfully launch and filter your search to help you find the results you are looking for.
3. Site map – Learn the main categories available on the provider website.
4. Contact center – Quickly find phone numbers, addresses, contact center information, holiday closures, and more.
Step two: Stay connected
Medicare is constantly changing and content is always posted to the provider website to keep you in the know. Stay informed by utilizing these communication efforts. We encourage you to bookmark some of these pages for quick access in the future.
1. Join eNews -- Stay informed with a free subscription to eNews. With regularly scheduled emails and special enhanced notifications, you will be among the first to learn of the latest Medicare news.
• We invite you to also view a simulation on how to customize your eNews subscription
2. Quick clicks – Top tools and pages are conveniently listed on the right side of the homepage for one click access.
a. Stay informed on processing issues – Included in the Quick clicks list, this table provides details on processing issues currently being worked by First Coast, how they may affect you, and what actions (if any) you need to take.
3. Stay up to date on recent website enhancements -- Accessible from the left navigation menu, under Help & Resources, this page helps you stay current with enhancements to the provider website. Through this page, you will learn if something on the website has been relocated, if there have been functional enhancements, or if new tools are available.
4. Education -- Learn more about the Medicare program through our free educational events. First Coast University offers webcasts, live events, and online training available 24/7.
• Have you set up a First Coast University training account? Learn how
• View a list of CMS core curricula courses
5. Take the ForeSee survey when it is presented to you.
Each time you fill out the ForeSee survey or submit a comment about your experience, we listen. We take your ideas and challenges and use it to see how we can develop new features. We also take the compliments where our tools function quite well and work to make them better.
6. Part A and Part B Medicare Connection publications -- Stay informed with First Coast’s comprehensive, monthly Medicare publication for Part A and Part B health care providers located in Florida, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Each issue keeps you informed of changes to the Medicare program and includes a detailed review of First Coast and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) articles published during the featured month. Explore our library of current and past editions.
7. View current promotions -- The feature promotion on the homepage of the website rotates to provide instant access to hot topics.
Step three: Get started
Plan on becoming a Medicare Provider or want to check on the status of your enrollment application? Everything you need is available in our Provider Enrollment section.
Steps to becoming a new provider:
• Assistance is here: Remove the guesswork from determining which enrollment forms to use with the application assistance tool.
• Online: Providers looking to enroll are encouraged to use the internet-based Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System (PECOS). Enroll online with Internet-based PECOS today.
• Paper: Unable to enroll online? View a list of CMS-855 forms to fit your enrollment needs.
2. Check your status
• Check the status of your enrollment application
• Unsure how to use this tool? View the enrollment status help guide
3. Welcome to Medicare
• Once you become a new member to the Medicare community, be sure to visit our Welcome to Medicare section to review a basic introduction to Medicare and links to useful resources on the provider website.
4. Learn how to submit claims
5. Access claim status, payment history, eligibility, data reports, and more
Step four: Help is here if you need it
1. View our Where do I find… section for quick links to forms, locate medical policy information, fee schedule information, register for educational events, and more.
2. Self-service tools can get you the answers you need. Be sure to visit the tools center.
4. Can’t find what you are looking for? We are here to help. Live chat is available for website-related inquiries, Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. ET. If chat is not available, email the web team and we will send you in the right direction.
First Coast Service Options (First Coast) strives to ensure that the information available on our provider website is accurate, detailed, and current. Therefore, this is a dynamic site and its content changes daily. It is best to access the site to ensure you have the most current information rather than printing articles or forms that may become obsolete without notice.