1. Navigate to CMS’ IDM portal: https://home.idm.cms.gov
Select link for New User Registration
NOTE: If you already have an IDM account, skip to Step 5.
This portion of the application is based on your personal information.
The information you enter here will be important later in the process for securing your access to SPOT.
Per CMS requirements, enter your:
• First name
• Last name
• Date of birth
• Email address.
Review the terms and conditions, check the box, and click Next to continue.
3. Complete your contact information
• Home address
• Primary contact telephone number
Click Next to continue.
4. Create User ID, Password & Security
NOTE: IDM and SPOT accounts CANNOT be shared. Each individual who needs access must create their own IDM account and their own SPOT account.
Create a User ID for your IDM account, based on the provided parameters:
A minimum of six and a maximum of 74 alphanumeric characters
• Can contain alphanumeric characters
• The @ symbol may only be used if the user id is in a valid email address format (email@example.com)
• May not start or end with special characters, or contain consecutive special characters
• Your User ID may not contain your SSN or any nine consecutive numbers
Create your Password for your IDM account, which must meet the provided parameters:
• Be changed at least every 60 days.
• Be a minimum of eight (8) characters long.
• Contain at least one number.
• Contain at least one lower case letter.
• Contain at least one upper case letter.
• Contain at least one special character.
• Be different from the previous six (6) passwords.
• Not contain the User ID.
• Not contain any parts of your first or last name
• Not contain the following special characters: ? < > ( ) ‘ “ / \ &, (space).
Note: Passwords may only be changed once per day.
Confirm New Password
Complete the Select Question and Answer section, which may be used to verify your identity.
Click the Submit button.
A message will display when the registration has completed. Click Return to proceed back to the login screen.
5. Log in
Log into IDM with the User ID and password created.
6. Set up multifactor authentication (MFA)
*Skip this step if you previously setup the MFA.
Choose the best MFA factor for your needs.
Click the Setup button and follow the steps on the screen to complete the setup.
We recommend setting up at least 2 MFA devices.
Click Finish when complete.
7. Role request
Once you have logged in, click Role Request from the self-service options.
8. Select an Application
Type SPOT in the ‘Select an Application’ drop-down field and click on ‘SPOT-First Coast Service Options internet portal (FCSO)’ to proceed to the role selection.
9. Select a Role
Click on the drop-down menu next to ‘Select a Role.’ Select ‘FCSO – SPOT End User.’ Note: Do not select any other role.
Note: If you select the incorrect your application will be denied, and you will need to begin the registration process from Step 1.
10. Review Remote Identify Proofing information
The next steps will involve verifying the information you entered earlier through information databases. NOTE: If you are NOT asked to verify your identity, skip to Step 12.
This process is known as Remote Identity Proofing (RIDP) .
The Experian identity verification service is used by CMS to confirm your identity when you need to access a protected CMS Application.
If you have not previously been through CMS’ required identity verification, you may be prompted for RIDP when requesting access to SPOT.
You will be asked to provide a set of core credentials, which includes full name, current address, residential phone number, and Social Security number.
The Experian identity verification service will use your core credentials to locate your personal information in the Experian database and generate a set of questions.
Check ‘Terms and Conditions’ box to proceed.
11. Complete the Remote Identity Proofing
Use your personal information to complete the required fields:
• Full legal name
• Social Security number
• Date of birth
• Current residential address
• Personal phone number
• Email address
• You must use your full legal name. Refer to your driver’s license or financial account information.
• Your surname and other information, such as date of birth, must match the information Experian has for you on file.
• Do not use nicknames.
• If you have a two-part name, enter the second part in the middle name field. (i.e., Mary Beth would have Mary in the first name field and Beth in the middle name field)
• Enter your current residential address:
• Address where you receive financial statements including credit cards and/or utilities
• Address you most consistently use for billing purposes
• Address associated with your credit report
• If you have a recent change in address, you can try to ID proof with a prior address.
You will be prompted to answer a series of questions to verify your identity. Click on the radio button next to each correct answer. Click Next to proceed.
If your information is verified, you have completed the RIDP process. Click Next and proceed to Step 12.
12. If your information cannot be verified…
In the event your information cannot be verified through RIDP, you will be asked to contact Experian Verification Support Services.
When you contact Experian Verification Support Services, please keep your ‘Review Reference Number’ close at hand. If Experian is able to resolve the information, return to Step 5 in this process by logging into your IDM account and begin the process of requesting access to SPOT.
You may return to this application once you have resolved the issue with the Experian database.
13. Contacting Experian
When you arrive at the Role Request process again, click the check box to confirm your Experian verification and click Next.
Once you enter your information, the CMS IDM system will verify your contact with Experian.
If Experian successfully verified your identity, you will be able to complete your request for SPOT.
If Experian is unable to verify your identity, contact the SPOT Help Desk and request to be manually verified.
14. Find Your Organization
• On the screen, type in the Legal Business Name of your organization and select the State/Territory.
• Note: You must click Search to find your organization in the drop-down menu.
• If your organization is not found, it has not been created by an approver yet.
• Your organization must have a designated approver who has created your organization in IDM. Please consult with your organization’s designated official.
• Click Review Request, review your information, enter your reason for request, and click Submit Role Request.
15. Request Submitted
The final screen will confirm that your IDM request has been submitted. You will receive an email confirmation once your request is approved by your approver.
NOTE: If you need to add an additional role and access another organization, please follow these instructions.