Last Modified: 10/23/2018 Location: FL, PR, USVI Business: Part A, Part B
Introduction to Medicare
The Provider Outreach and Education team at First Coast Service Options (First Coast) welcomes you to Medicare. Providers are responsible for knowing and following the rules and regulations that apply to all services billed to Medicare under their provider number. In order to assist our providers, their staff and billing companies, we designed the Welcome to Medicare page where you will find the following:
• New Visitor Center for help on how to navigate around our website
• eNews: Subscribe to keep informed
• LCDs (local coverage determinations)/Medical Policy: LCDs and NCDs (National Coverage Determinations), policies that specify the criteria for Medicare coverage and payment of certain items and services. We emphasize the importance of reviewing and understanding the LCDs and NCDs that may impact your practice. Please note that this is not a one-time review, as new NCDs and LCDs may be developed, and existing policies may also be modified and/or deleted.
• Secure Provider Online Tool (SPOT): Register for the convenience of online access to Medicare data, including claim status, payment history, benefits/eligibility information, MBI (Medicare beneficiary identifier) lookup, remittance advice details, duplicate remittance advice, status of medical review-related ADRs (additional development requests), secure messaging (including Part A/B claim redetermination requests and Part A claim reopening requests), and data reports
• Information on medical documentation, compliance programs, and Medicare billing certificate programs
Please refer to the First Coast provider website for more information:
• Part A providers: Refer to the UB-04 Form Locator code lookup to bill right the first time, and prevent returned to provider (RTP) claims and rejects.
• Part B providers: Refer to the CMS-1500 (02/12) data element requirements to bill right the first time, and prevent return unprocessable claims (RUCs) and denials.
• Electronic data interchange (EDI)
• Evaluation & management (E/M)
• Interactive voice response (IVR)
We hope the information on our Welcome to Medicare page and provider website is helpful to you and your team. Again, welcome to Medicare!
First Coast Service Options (First Coast) strives to ensure that the information available on our provider website is accurate, detailed, and current. Therefore, this is a dynamic site and its content changes daily. It is best to access the site to ensure you have the most current information rather than printing articles or forms that may become obsolete without notice.