Last Modified: 5/18/2018 Location: FL, PR, USVI Business: Part B
Common inquiries -- Part B
What SPOT Can Do For You
"With our snowbirds, we have to stay on top of their eligibility status," said one Medicare billing manager who uses First Coast's SPOT to access eligibility information. "Having fast access to Medicare eligibility and secondary payer information helps us file clean, accurate claims and get reimbursed sooner."
Click here to find out what SPOT can do for you.
New Medicare beneficiary cards are being mailed between April 2018 and April 2019
The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) of 2015, requires the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to remove Social Security numbers (SSNs) from all Medicare cards by April 2019. A new Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) will replace the SSN-based Medicare number on new Medicare cards starting in April 2018 for Medicare transactions like billing, eligibility status, and claim status. Find more details here.
Reduce the time you spend contacting Medicare
First Coast Service Options’ Part B provider contact center frequently receives inquiries from members of the provider community about a wide array of topics. Listed below are some of the most popular topics as well as links to information that will help you find the answers you need to resolve any issues quickly and easily.
If you have a question related to:
• Appealing a claim -- click here
• Claim denials -- click here
• Claim not on file -- click here
• Claims denied as a duplicate -- click here
• Clerical error reopenings -- click here
• Coding errors -- see Billing and coverage FAQs
• Contact information -- click here
• Medicare as a secondary payer (MSP) -- click here
• Modifiers/global surgery -- see Billing and coverage FAQs
• Obtaining a patient's eligibility information -- see Eligibility FAQs
• Obtaining a copy of a remittance notice -- click here
• Offset (monies withheld) on your remittance notice -- click here
• Payment calculation for MSP -- click here
• Payment explanation -- click here
• Payment floor -- see Payment floor FAQs
• Provider enrollment applications, status or information -- click here
• Reopening a claim -- click here
• Revalidation initiative -- see Revalidation FAQs
• Status of resolution of a claim appeal -- see Appeal process FAQs
• Other common tips on inquiries and denials -- click here
• Other frequently-asked questions -- click here
Use the following tips to help you find the answers you need about these additional topics:
• Click here for questions about accessing claim status, patient eligibility (Medicare, MSP and Medicare Advantage [formerly Medicare HMO]), deductible information, and financial information (last three checks, month/year to date dollar amounts).
For inquiries other than those listed above, contact First Coast’s Provider contact center. When calling the Provider contact center, make sure you have all the information necessary for the call. You can do this by viewing the Provider inquiry checklist
First Coast Service Options (First Coast) strives to ensure that the information available on our provider website is accurate, detailed, and current. Therefore, this is a dynamic site and its content changes daily. It is best to access the site to ensure you have the most current information rather than printing articles or forms that may become obsolete without notice.