Last Modified: 7/16/2020
Location: FL, PR, USVI
Business: Part A, Part B
Overpayments are Medicare payments a provider or beneficiary has received in excess of amounts due and payable under the statute and regulations. Once an overpayment has been discovered, the amount is a debt owed and should be returned to First Coast. When refunding the money owed, here are a few things to remember:
If you are a Secure Provider Online Tool (SPOT) user, you can submit the Part B overpayment form via the secure documentation
• If your submission includes multiple overpaid claims, please complete one refund form and send the details on an Excel spreadsheet
• Include the Medicare ID number, internal control number (ICN), date of service, and the reason for the overpayment
• Specify the claim line details such as procedure code(s) and amount
• Indicate if the entire claim has been overpaid or just certain claim lines
• Send one check for the total amount of the overpayment
• If you received a demand letter, please send one check for the amount of the letter even if multiple accounts are included
Remembering to include the above information will assist First Coast in accurately processing your request. For more information about overpayments, please visit our frequently-asked questions pertaining to overpayments.
First Coast Service Options (First Coast) strives to ensure that the information available on our provider website is accurate, detailed, and current. Therefore, this is a dynamic site and its content changes daily. It is best to access the site to ensure you have the most current information rather than printing articles or forms that may become obsolete without notice.