Last Modified: 4/12/2018 Location: FL, PR, USVI Business: Part B
Update to CARC and RARC codes for use with MREP 4.6
An updated remittance advice remark code (RARC) and claim adjustment reason code (CARC) “Codes.ini” file is now available for the provider/supplier community to import into their current version of Medicare Remit Easy Print (MREP) software.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has released a new version of the software that includes this “Codes.ini” file. Users who downloaded the MREP v4.5.1 between January 2, 2018 and January 10, 2018 will not need to import the “Codes.ini” file separately. To download the most current “Codes.ini” file, please follow these steps:
1. Navigate to CMS’ Medicare Remit Easy Print (MREP) page
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page
3. Extract the “Codes.ini” file from the Medicare Remit Easy Print - Version 4.6 [ZIP, 1MB]
4. After you have extracted the “Codes.ini” file, save it to your computer
5. Follow the instructions outlined in the “Working with MREP Remittances Advices” section - How to Update (Import) the CARC/RARC codes (page 67) of the Medicare Remit Easy Print User Guide, Version 4.6
First Coast Service Options (First Coast) strives to ensure that the information available on our provider website is accurate, detailed, and current. Therefore, this is a dynamic site and its content changes daily. It is best to access the site to ensure you have the most current information rather than printing articles or forms that may become obsolete without notice.