Last Modified: 4/25/2018 Location: FL, PR, USVI Business: Part A
Direct data entry (DDE) password reset instructions
DDE passwords expire every 30 days and users are revoked after three consecutive unsuccessful password entry attempts. All User IDs are systematically monitored for inactivity. After 60 days of inactivity, User IDs are subject to automatic deletion. User IDs or passwords should never be shared between users. The user is responsible for all activity conducted under their User ID.
To make sure you are successful in creating a new password, use the following rules:
Must be exactly eight characters long
1. Must have at least one uppercase alpha character.
2. Must have at least one lowercase alpha character.
3. Must have at least one of the following special characters: @, #, or $. These are the only three special characters that can be used.
4. Must have at least one numeric character
5. Must be different from the previous password by at least four characters
6. Cannot use any of the previous 12 passwords.
7. It is recommended that you do not use your User ID, name, social security number, or date of birth as part of your password.
You will receive the message “Your Password has Expired”.
1. Using the previously provided password criteria, enter a new password in the “New Password” field and press enter.
2. You will be prompted to re-enter the password.
3. Re-enter the new password in the “New Password” field and press <Enter> to complete the process.
You can use the following automated password reset instructions to reset your password once per day. You will be required to contact Medicare EDI DDE Support if your password needs to be reset more than once in the same day or your connectivity vendor has not configured you for this option.
1. Once connected to CDS you will be taken to the CA TPX sign on screen.
2. Press <PF5> or <F5> on your keyboard to access the “Resect RACF Userid” screen.
3. Enter your RACFID (your User ID) and your PIN (Personal Identification Number). If you don’t know your PIN, contact your security administrator (most likely the DDE coordinator who submitted your request for access).
4. Press the <Enter> key on your keyboard to process the request.
5. Once the request has been successfully processed you will receive thefollowing messge at the bottom of your screen: Your Password Has Been Reset to ______________.
6. Note the password (it is case sensative) and press< PF12> of <F12> to return to the CA TPX sign on screen.
7. If you are not returned to the CA TPX sign on screen, close your session and log in again through your connectivity vendor to get to the CA TPX sign in screen
8. On the CA TPX screen enter your User ID, the password (password you were reset to), and a new password (meeting the password criteria). Your cursor will be in the first position of the Account filed.
9. Once all three pieces of information (User ID, password, new password) have been entered, press <Enter>. You will be prompted to reenter the password you want to use in the New Password field.
10. Re-enter your new password in the New Password field and press <Enter> to complete the process.
Password has already been reset
You can only use the automated password reset instructions once a day to reset your password. If you receive a message indicating your password has already been reset today, you will be required to contact Medicare EDI DDE Support for assistance.
Tips to reset your DDE password
1. Your password is confidential; it will not be displayed on your screen and is not retained by First Coast
2. Choose passwords that are easy for you to remember but hard for others to guess.
3. Consider thinking of a phrase, and use the words in the phrase to help you remember the password. For example: “There were too many people at the mall” could be translated to Tw2mp@tm.
4. Passwords are case sensitive.
5. Use your Shift key instead of your Caps Lock key for capital letters and special characters.
6. The only three special characters that are accepted are: @, #, and $.
7. At least four characters must be changed from those used in the previous password. For example, if the previous password was Qwerty@01 you could not use Qwerty@02 as your next password.
10. If you experience any logon issues, with your User ID available, please contact Medicare EDI DDE Support at 888-670-0940, option 3.
First Coast Service Options (First Coast) strives to ensure that the information available on our provider website is accurate, detailed, and current. Therefore, this is a dynamic site and its content changes daily. It is best to access the site to ensure you have the most current information rather than printing articles or forms that may become obsolete without notice.