Last Modified: 8/28/2018 Location: FL, PR, USVI Business: Part A
Information on the free software for viewing and printing electronic remittance advice (ERA)
First Coast Service Options Inc. (First Coast) wants to make your job as a Medicare Part A facility as easy as possible. PC-Print is free software that the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has made available for Part A providers that sign up for ERA. You can find this software on the First Coast Medicare provider website. This software enables you to view and print ERA by importing Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) 835 files received from First Coast. After importing the files, you may print the ERA in a format similar to standard paper remittance (SPR) or view it on screen, directly through the PC-Print software.
You can view the information several ways using the PC-Print software, which is designed to produce one of four print versions of data contained in an 835, including:
• Option 1: The all claims (AC) screen, which displays 835 data in a manner similar to the format and content of a standard paper remit (SPR).
• Option 2: The single claim (SC) screen, which provides a detailed summary of data from a single claim.
• Option 3: The bill type summary (SB) screen, which provides a summary of claims billed for each type of bill (TOB), for each provider number, and for each fiscal year (FY).
• Option 4: The provider payment summary (PS) screen, which provides a summary of the provider’s payments from this ERA, regardless of the TOB or fiscal year end (FYE).
Access the article titled Introduction to PC-Print for Medicare Part A for additional information on how to install and access the software.
Please complete the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Enrollment form prior to downloading the free software if you currently submit your claims electronically but are not set up for electronic remittance advice.
How do you get the free software?
• For Part A providers, download PC-Print software.
After reviewing the guides, if you still need assistance with signing up for ERA and using the software, contact First Coast’s electronic data interchange (EDI) department at 888-670-0940.
First Coast Service Options (First Coast) strives to ensure that the information available on our provider website is accurate, detailed, and current. Therefore, this is a dynamic site and its content changes daily. It is best to access the site to ensure you have the most current information rather than printing articles or forms that may become obsolete without notice.