Last Modified: 4/9/2018 Location: FL, PR, USVI Business: Part A
Steps to produce PS&R reports
Providers, not the Medicare administrative contractor (MAC), must produce the summary PS&R reports needed to file any cost report ending on or after January 31, 2009. There are many variations of report requests that can be made in the new system, which you may customize as you become familiar with the system (see user guides and training materials).
You can produce all PS&R summary reports using the following steps:
• Copy and paste this URL into a web browser (do not use Internet Explorer): https://psr-ui.cms.hhs.gov/psr-ui
• An EIDM log-in screen will appear; log-in using your EIDM ID and password;
• On the main PS&R homepage, select “Request Report” (at the top of the page);
• Then select “Request Summary” from the second line of the next screen;
• On the Summary Reports Request page, select reports “By Service Type”, and then “All” from the drop-down menu, and click “Continue” at bottom of page;
• Enter Service Dates -- the system will default to your cost report period. If one full cost report period is needed, you will not need to change these amounts. However, you may change the date ranges if needed. Note: If period “splits” are needed for cost reporting, you will need to modify the date ranges.
• Select Paid Dates -- you should select paid dates from the beginning of the cost report year to the latest possible date (date you are running the report);
• Click “Continue” at the bottom of the page;
• Select Report Format -- you may select a PDF file (which can be easily read and printed), a CSV file (data file that can be imported to other software, such as Excel), or both. Click “Continue” after selection is made;
• Confirm your report request information, then click “Submit” to submit your report request for processing;
• View “Report Inbox” to view status of request (we expect reports to be generated within 24 hours of the request);
• Once completed, you can click the file to download or view.
The earliest data accessible in the redesigned PS&R is one full year of service dates, beginning with the first cost report period ending January 31, 2009, and later (e.g., a February 28, 2009 fiscal year end provider’s first accessible data is March 1, 2008-February 28, 2009).
We suggest you use a paid-through date that is approximately 30 days prior to the due date of your cost report. This will ensure that claims that may have been paid after the fiscal year end will be included in the PS&R. We also encourage you to attempt to run reports in advance to ensure that you can access the data needed for your cost report.
If you have any questions regarding EIDM registration, please contact External User Services (EUS) help desk at 1-866-484-8049 (Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. ET), or email: EUSSupport@cgi.com.
First Coast Service Options (First Coast) strives to ensure that the information available on our provider website is accurate, detailed, and current. Therefore, this is a dynamic site and its content changes daily. It is best to access the site to ensure you have the most current information rather than printing articles or forms that may become obsolete without notice.