Last Modified: 1/18/2020
Location: FL, PR, USVI
Business: Part A, Part B
Each step in the process must be ICD-10 compliant in order for the claim to be considered for payment. The following resources are available to assist you with ICD-10:
• Tip: Use the links on the left hand side of CMS’ ICD-10 section to easily navigate to appropriate resources.
• Learn where to receive ICD-10 training -- ICD-10 coding training is not provided by Medicare administrative contractors (MACs). Find training through the following external resources:
• AAPC web resources
: Find ICD-10 news and information from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
• AHA web resources
: Here you will find ICD-10 information from the American Hospital Association.
• AHIMA web resources
: The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) website shares information and training sessions for ICD-10.
• CDC web resources
: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website offers ICD-10 information.
• Additional educational resources
• ICD-10: Medicare Coverage -- General Information
-- This page provides links to various change requests (CRs) and associated documents issued by the Coverage and Analysis Group (CAG) at The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) as part of its ICD-10 conversion activities related to National Coverage Determinations (NCDs) and Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs).
• Free email subscriptions from First Coast Service Options and CMS
• Join eNews
(either Part A or B general, or the designated ICD-10 subscription)
Other resources: AMA Wire
-- find ICD-10 news and information
First Coast Service Options (First Coast) strives to ensure that the information available on our provider website is accurate, detailed, and current. Therefore, this is a dynamic site and its content changes daily. It is best to access the site to ensure you have the most current information rather than printing articles or forms that may become obsolete without notice.