Last Modified: 7/12/2019
Location: FL, PR, USVI
Business: Part A
First-level appeals outcomes are available online through SPOT.
The confirmation of appeal requests lookup tool enables providers to check the status on active redeterminations to confirm if the appeal has been received by First Coast Service Options.
1. First, select your line of business (Part A or Part B) for the Medicare Plan field. Note: If you do not select your line of business first, the remaining dropdown menus for each field will be unavailable.
2. Next select your location (Florida, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands).
3. Select the third drop down to search by Case Control Number (CCN), Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN), or PTAN and Document Control Number (DCN). The appropriate numbers should be entered into the Value field or PTAN/DCN for that option.
Where do I find the CCN?
• CCNs may be obtained through searching the tool by PTAN
Where do I find the DCN?
• DCNs may also be obtained using the Direct Data Entry (DDE) system.
• Locate the claim in DDE, add an “S” next to the desired claim, and press enter.
• Use the F8 key to navigate to page 2.
• Press the F2 key, the DCN is located on the third line.
4. Once all fields have been completed click the Submit button. Note: Providers with multiple appeal records may experience a slower loading time. Please allow up to 30 seconds for the results to load. We appreciate your patience.
To search using another value, click the Search Again link above the results.
Results are sorted by case received date. You may sort by any category, ascending or descending, by clicking on the column header. To change the order, simply click the column header again.
If multiple pages of results are found, use the scrolling menu bar to view the bottom results. You may also use the page number and/or arrow links found at the top or bottom of the results to view different pages. Note: You may experience a slight delay when changing pages. We appreciate your patience.
• Please allow 15 days after you have submitted your appeal request before checking its status in the lookup tool or contacting customer service.
• Appeals involving multiple claims may be identified by searching on the first claim listed on your request for redetermination. There will not be a separate listing for each claim on the redetermination.
• Once the request has been received, First Coast may take up to 60 days to issue a written decision on the redetermination request.
• Please keep in mind that the status tool is only as accurate as the data supplied to First Coast on the Redetermination Request form. Status cannot be located if data was missing from your redetermination.
• Appeals which have been finalized will no longer display in the tool.
First Coast Service Options (First Coast) strives to ensure that the information available on our provider website is accurate, detailed, and current. Therefore, this is a dynamic site and its content changes daily. It is best to access the site to ensure you have the most current information rather than printing articles or forms that may become obsolete without notice.