Last Modified: 3/29/2018 Location: FL, PR, USVI Business: Part A, Part B
Troubleshooting email attachments using SecureZIP®
Verify with the sender that you have the correct passphrase/password to open the email attachment or file. Use the information below for further troubleshooting with SecureZIP® files and attachments.
I received the email with the password/passphrase; however, I did not receive an email with an attachment.
• Contact your Information Technology (IT) support to see if incoming emails containing zipped attachments are blocked and if an exception can be made to allow these email messages to be received.
I cannot open the SecureZIP® file that I received.
• You can open SecureZIP® files with ZIP Reader by PKWARE. This software is free and can be downloaded from www.zipreader.com .
I am receiving an error message when trying to download ZIP Reader by PKWARE.
• You may not have permission to download software on your computer. Contact your IT support for assistance with downloading ZIP Reader by PKWARE.
I can open other zipped files but not the SecureZIP® files.
• Other software that unzips files such as WinZip or the standard Windows compressed/zipped function, may not allow you to open a SecureZIP® file. Install ZIP Reader by PKWARE and then try opening the file.
I have ZIP Reader by PKWARE installed and still cannot open the file.
• Check the file association in the Control Panel to make sure that the file extension (e.g., file type .zip) is being opened using ZIP Reader by PKWARE. If you are not able to access the Control Panel or need assistance with the file extension, contact your IT support to assist with changing the file association.
I am receiving a message to purchase SecureZIP®.
• SecureZIP® trial product (e.g., SecureZIP® for Windows Desktop) may be installed on your computer. The SecureZIP® trial product may need to be uninstalled. Once the SecureZIP® trial product is uninstalled, install the free copy of ZIP Reader by PKWARE from www.zipreader.com .
I am receiving an error message that the password is not correct.
• If you received the error message below stating that the password is not correct, the file may be opening using the standard Windows compressed/zipped function. Make sure that you have installed ZIP Reader by PKWARE and that the file association is set to open using ZIP Reader by PKWARE. If necessary, contact your IT support.
If you are experiencing trouble with a secure email message from ZIX, please visit the following page: https://medicare.fcso.com/Help/0379869.asp
First Coast Service Options (First Coast) strives to ensure that the information available on our provider website is accurate, detailed, and current. Therefore, this is a dynamic site and its content changes daily. It is best to access the site to ensure you have the most current information rather than printing articles or forms that may become obsolete without notice.