Last Modified: 5/15/2020
Location: FL, PR, USVI
Business: Part A
Q: What steps can we take to avoid return to provider (RTP) reason code 30912?
for a description associated with Medicare Part A reason code(s). Enter a valid reason code into the box and click the submit button.
A: An adjustment claim (type of bill XX7) was submitted with an incorrect cross-reference document control number (DCN), or you are attempting to adjust a previously adjusted/cancelled DCN. The following actions should be taken prior to submitting an adjusted claim.
• Ensure the cross reference DCN is correct and complete for the claim being adjusted
• Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) form 1450, field locator (FL) 64 or electronic equivalent
• Direct Data Entry (DDE) claim screen page 01, MAP1711
• Submit a new claim if the original claim has been cancelled (type of bill XX8)
• Submit an adjusted claim if the original claim has been adjusted (type of bill XX7)
• Click here
for additional FAQs on claim adjustments
Please use your browser's back button
to return to the referring page.
First Coast Service Options (First Coast) strives to ensure that the information available on our provider website is accurate, detailed, and current. Therefore, this is a dynamic site and its content changes daily. It is best to access the site to ensure you have the most current information rather than printing articles or forms that may become obsolete without notice.