Last Modified: 7/19/2022
Location: FL, PR, USVI
Business: Part A
Q: We are receiving a return to provider (RTP) reason code 30949, so what steps can we take to avoid this reason code?
Refer to the Part A reason code lookup
for a description associated with the Medicare Part A reason code(s). Enter a valid reason code into the box and click the submit button.
A: You are receiving this reason code when the type of bill (TOB) equals xx7 or xx8, but the claim change reason ‘condition code’ is not present on the bill.
• D0 -- Changes to service dates
• D1 -- Changes in charges
• D2 -- Changes in revenue code/HCPC
• D3 -- Second or subsequent interim PPS bill
• D4 -- Change in Grouper input (DRG)
• D5 -- Cancel only to correct a Medicare ID or provider number
• D6 -- Cancel only -- duplicate payment, outpatient to inpatient overlap, OIG overpayment
• D7 -- Change to make Medicare secondary payer
• D8 -- Change to make Medicare primary payer
• D9 -- Any other changes
• E0 -- Change in patient status
Please add the appropriate condition code listed above in the reason code narrative to correct your claim and resubmit.
First Coast Service Options (First Coast) strives to ensure that the information available on our provider website is accurate, detailed, and current. Therefore, this is a dynamic site and its content changes daily. It is best to access the site to ensure you have the most current information rather than printing articles or forms that may become obsolete without notice.