Last Modified: 10/1/2022
Location: FL, PR, USVI
Business: Part A, Part B
Q: How do I participate in a First Coast webinar or online seminar (i.e., WebEx session)?
A: First Coast’s educational events are designed to be interactive. During the webinar, the educator may ask participants to respond to questions, participate in a poll, or furnish input through WebEx’s chat box. In addition, at the conclusion of most First Coast webinars, participants are encouraged to take an active part in the question and answer session. To participate, you will need to familiarize yourself with WebEx’s basic functionality as well as communications tools that may be used during the training session.
The WebEx screen is comprised of three main sections:
1. Presentation Area (located on the left-side of the screen) -- this section will display the educator’s PowerPoint presentation.
2. Participant Panel (located on the top-right portion of the screen) -- this section will display the host (Outreach Educator), the number of webinar participants, and your name or user ID. The buttons, located at the bottom of the Participant Panel, may be used to respond to the educator’s questions or request for input.
3. Chat Panel (located on the lower-right portion of the screen) -- this section will display any chat messages sent by the educator. The chat box located at the bottom of the Chat Panel may be used to send the educator an instant message.
Participants may use WebEx
’s icon tray at the bottom of the screen to access participant and chat panels:
To access a specific panel, such as the Participant Panel or Chat Panel, just click its corresponding icon.
Tip: To discover the function of a particular button, just place your cursor over the icon.
During the last few minutes of a First Coast webinar, the educator will usually open the Q&A session. He or she will return to the WebEx main presentation screen and ask if any of the participants have any questions about the topics discussed during the main presentation.
To ask a question:
1. Click the Raise hand button to let the educator know you have a question.
2. Wait for the educator to call your name and ask for you to share your question.
3. Once your question has been answered, please click the Raise hand button again to lower your hand.
First Coast Service Options (First Coast) strives to ensure that the information available on our provider website is accurate, detailed, and current. Therefore, this is a dynamic site and its content changes daily. It is best to access the site to ensure you have the most current information rather than printing articles or forms that may become obsolete without notice.