Last Modified: 8/16/2021
Location: FL, PR, USVI
Business: Part B
SPOT offers providers a convenient way for Part B providers to submit appeal requests - specifically level-one appeals - also called redeterminations.
This type of appeal is separate from reopenings, which occur outside of the appeals process, and are how providers correct minor errors or omissions on their claims. (Note: Reopenings can also be done via SPOT; view information here
Part B providers can easily submit redeterminations via SPOT.
• Access the redetermination form by selecting Submit an Appeal from the Appeals submenu
• Complete the form, upload supporting documentation, and click Submit
• Select Appeals Outcome from the Appeals menu
• The Find the Outcome of Appeals form will appear
• Enter information in the search form and click Submit
Part B possible outcomes:
• Fully favorable
• Partially favorable
• Dismissal – incomplete redetermination
• Change in liability – unfavorable
View the SPOT User Guide
for more details on submitting appeals and all of SPOT’s features and functions.
First Coast Service Options (First Coast) strives to ensure that the information available on our provider website is accurate, detailed, and current. Therefore, this is a dynamic site and its content changes daily. It is best to access the site to ensure you have the most current information rather than printing articles or forms that may become obsolete without notice.