Last Modified: 1/10/2018 Location: FL, PR, USVI Business: Part A, Part B
Summary of policies in the 2018 MPFS final rule and the telehealth originating site facility fee payment
Effective date January 1, 2018
Implementation date: January 2, 2018
Change request 10393 provides a summary of the policies in the 2018 Medicare physician fee schedule (MPFS) final rule. The following is a list of some of the changes:
• Overall payment update and misvalued code target
• Payment rates for non-excepted off-campus provider-based hospital departments paid under the MPFS
• Telehealth originating site facility fee payment amount update and new codes
• For calendar year (CY) 2018 the payment amount for Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) code Q3014 (Telehealth originating site facility fee) is 80 percent of the lesser of the actual charge or $25.76.
• The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is finalizing the addition of several codes to the list of telehealth services for CY 2018, including: G0296, G0506, 90785, 90839, 90840, 96160, and 96161.
• Improvement of payment rates for office-based behavioral health services
• New codes for prolonged preventive services
Details of all changes are available in the MLN MattersŪ article MM10393 .
First Coast Service Options (First Coast) strives to ensure that the information available on our provider website is accurate, detailed, and current. Therefore, this is a dynamic site and its content changes daily. It is best to access the site to ensure you have the most current information rather than printing articles or forms that may become obsolete without notice.