Last Modified: 12/20/2017 Location: FL, PR, USVI Business: Part A, Part B
EIDM: Change Password FAQ
Q: How often do I need to change my password, and how do I change it?
A: You must log in to the EIDM portal once every 60 days to change your password. You may change your Password as well as personal information associated with your Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) account through the My Profile menu on the EIDM website.
1. Navigate to CMS’ EIDM portal: https://portal.cms.gov
2. Enter your UserID, Password, and MFA information
3. Check the box to accept Terms and Conditions
4. Click the Login button
5. Select My Profile from the My Portal menu
6. The View My Profile page will appear
7. Select Change Password from the Change My Profile left-navigation menu
8. Enter appropriate values in the following fields:
• Old Password
• New Password – with the following requirements:
The password must:
1. Be changed at least every 60 days.
2. Be a minimum of eight (8) and a maximum of 20 characters long.
3. Contain at least one number.
4. Contain at least one lower case letter.
5. Contain at least one upper case letter.
6. Contain at least one special character.
7. Be different from the previous six (6) passwords.
8. Not contain the User ID.
9. Not contain any words consisting of three (3) letters or more (ex. 12Cat34@).
10. Not contain any commonly used words.(ex. Password1234).
11. Not contain any digits in year format (ex. 2017).
12. Not contain the following special characters: ? < > ( ) ‘ “ / \ &.
Note: Passwords may only be changed once per day.
The best method for creating your password is to use a random string of letters, at least one number, and at least one special character (excluding the limited characters listed above).
Here is an example of what your password should look like: Jw#6lecd
• Confirm New Password
9. Click the Submit button, and the confirmation page will appear
Please use your browser's back button to return to the referring page.
First Coast Service Options (First Coast) strives to ensure that the information available on our provider website is accurate, detailed, and current. Therefore, this is a dynamic site and its content changes daily. It is best to access the site to ensure you have the most current information rather than printing articles or forms that may become obsolete without notice.