Last Modified: 10/31/2019
Location: FL, PR, USVI
Business: Part A
Starting Sunday, May 6, 2018, new password rules went into effect. Any changes to Direct Data Entry (DDE) user ID password must comply or the password will be rejected. DDE user ID password rules changed to meet the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services requirements.
The following are the additional rules to the current password criteria:
1. The user's name cannot be in the password.
2. The DDE user ID cannot be in the password.
3. No contiguous repeating characters are allowed. (e.g. “Ppeg42c#” would not be allowed, however, “Pgep42c#” would be allowed).
The following character strings are not allowed:
[APPL APR AUG ASDF BASIC CADAM DEC DEMO FEB FOCUS GAME IBM JAN JUL JUN LOG MAR MAY NET NEW NOV OCT PASS ROS SEP SIGN SYS TEST TSO VALID VTAM XXX 1234]
As a reminder, the following existing rules will continue to be enforced:
1. The password length is eight positions.
2. At least one uppercase, one lowercase, one number, and one special character must be used.
3. Must change at least four characters from the previous password.
4. Passwords may not be reused for 12 iterations.
5. Passwords may only be changed once per day.
Please click here
for complete DDE user ID password reset instructions, criteria, and tips.
First Coast Service Options (First Coast) strives to ensure that the information available on our provider website is accurate, detailed, and current. Therefore, this is a dynamic site and its content changes daily. It is best to access the site to ensure you have the most current information rather than printing articles or forms that may become obsolete without notice.